The National Association of
Independent Writers and Editors
The professional association with the business-building difference.
Words Matter Week 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Free Online "Words Matter" Event Attracts Freelance Writers and Editors
Freelance writers and editors not only have the best job in the world, they also have great celebrations. Words are the building blocks of communication, so why not take a week to celebrate? During this week-long online event, the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors hosts a series of free teleseminars, a blog challenge, book give-away, and more.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Visit the website of the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (www.NAIWE.com) during March 2-6, 2009 for the second annual Words Matter Week 2009 and learn from successful writers, editors, and publishers how you can make your business thrive! You don't have to go anywhere or listen at a certain time. Just register in the boxes on the right, and you'll be eligible for the drawings. You'll also get a link to the free e-book, the Words Matter 2009 Yearbook!
- Peter Bowerman: The Well-Fed Writer on Freelance Commercial Writing
- Linda Leigh Hargrove: The Road to Publication and the Importance of Words in Communication
- Ruth Thaler-Carter: How to Get Started in Editorial Freelancing
- Tim McMullen: Top Technology Tips for Freelance Writers and Editors
- John Kremer: 1001 Ways to Market Your Books
- Martha Brockenbrough: Author of Things that Make us [Sic]
- Susan Sheppard of WordsRight: March Member of the Month
- Event details and speaker information.
- Listen to the audio recordings.
- Take the blog challenge, and blog on the topic "words matter."
- Facebook Event page
- Become a fan of NAIWE on Facebook.
- Donate to First Book (new books for needy children- just $2.50 buys one book) as part of the NAIWE team.
Guests who visit www.NAIWE.com and sign up for the e-zine, “The Edge: Success Strategies for People Who Work With Words,” will receive a free e-book and the ‘Words Matter 2009 Yearbook” with articles, essays, and handouts from our speakers and other experts in writing, editing, and publishing.
All registered guests will also be entered for prize drawings of books donated by our speakers (you need not be present to win). If you can’t attend, just register, and you will receive a link to download the teleseminars for later listening.
For additional information on Words Matter Week or the Association, contact Janice Campbell or visit www.NAIWE.com.
About the Organization: The National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (http://www.NAIWE.com) is a business-building professional association that provides many benefits for literary and commercial freelancers, including individual member websites linked to a searchable database, access to legal information, a free e-zine, and more. NAIWE also sponsors the annual Words Matter Week during the first full week in March.
Janice Campbell, Director
National Association of Independent Writers and Editors
P.O. Box 549
Ashland, VA 23005
804-752-7457 (M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST /GMT-5)
What Do Writers and Editors Want Most?
See results of the January 2009 Survey!