Our goal for the NAIWE discussion list is to provide a positive environment where publishing professionals can connect with one another, ask questions, and share ideas. It is a place for learning, support, collaboration, and brainstorming.
NAIWE members are automatically subscribed to the discussion list during the first full month of their membership. NAIWE members can remain a member of the discussion list as long as they are an active member of the organization.
Code of Conduct
- Be respectful. Discussion list members are respectful, professional, polite, and considerate. They use positive words to build up or educate one another.
- Stay on topic. Discussion list members help keep threads organized by making sure the discussion matches the subject line and hashtag.
- Respect others’ privacy. Discussion list members refrain from sharing sensitive or personal information about others.
- Include your name. Discussion list members use their names in posts.
- Include the correct hashtag.
- NAIWE: Anything directly about NAIWE
- BIZ: Any aspect of business except marketing
- TOOLS: Tools of the trade
- USAGE: Usage, style, and grammar
- CHAT: Anything not directly related to publishing
- JOB BOARD: A job posting that may be of interest to NAIWE members